Friday, February 1, 2008

Gadgets

Have you setup Gadgets on your iGoogle interface?

Last Saturday I setup my iGoogle interface. I spent, probably, four hours setting it up. I'm thrilled with it. I have two rows of tabs. I have a tab for History, NASCAR, Tools, Weather, and others. The information is fed straight to me in small chunks and I have the option to select a link to read/interact with more.

What an innovation? This is absolutely amazing.

Here's my "Oh my corporate goodness..." thought/idea for today. Learning organizations should have ONE class. When you get hired, you go to this class and through a series of collaborative activities the learners setup their gadgets. Then, the Learning organization focuses on the creation of the right information, delivered in the right medium. And, Gadgets are created which can be loaded, if the user choses, into their iGoogle interface. Hush...I know that requires an internal implementation of iGoogle. I'm not as dumb as I look...

Maybe learners go to this class once each year. New activities are available, but they all lead to learners setting up a very usable and relevant iGoogle interface. Now this is learner centric XYZ. Yeah, I like it.

THE RIGHT INFORMATION, AT THE RIGHT TIME, DELIVERED TO THE RIGHT AUDIENCE.

As the song says, "Maybe, one day, 'one day' will come around."

No comments: